IMPACT trade union operates a small grants fund to support local initiatives in the two areas of education and intercultural development. This is part of the union’s ongoing contribution to the inner city community in which it’s based.
In 2017, the Dublin fund will have a budget of €50,000, which will be allocated to the two designated areas of education and inter cultural development, with a maximum grant of €1,000.
Local groups or organisations from the Dublin North East Inner City, which develop initiatives in the two broad areas of education and intercultural development, can apply to the fund.
The 2017 fund was launched at a meeting in IMPACT’s Dublin office yesterday (Monday 10th April), with representatives of the community organisations from the area.
Speaking at the launch, IMPACT’s senior vice president Paddy Quinn said the union took great pride in its relationship with community organisations in Dublin’s north inner city. “We admire the work done by the organisations in this vibrant community, and we’re proud to assist that work. It’s an important part of the union’s relationship with the community.”
Paddy said the union had contributed close to €500,000 in grants since the fund was established.
The closing date for funding proposals is Friday 28th April.
In the area of education, the fund supports things like:
- Small items of educational equipment for homework clubs and after-school groups
- Literacy and homework tutorials
- Educational workshops and seminars for at-risk groups
- Computer training programmes
- Drama and music classes and events
- Leadership training for community development
In the area of intercultural development, the fund supports things like:
- Sports events that involve foreign national young people and families
- Community weeks and festivals that involve foreign national young people and their families
- Intercultural workshops and seminars
- The production of local directories and information leaflets in different languages
- Social events that encourage intercultural mixing.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details, please put ‘Small grants fund’ in the subject heading.