You’re better off in IMPACT
IMPACT members can save a lot of money from the wide range of financial benefits provided or negotiated by the union. Some of these are free to all IMPACT members. Others are optional benefits, available only to IMPACT members, which can mean savings on insurance, salary protection, additional pension coverage and more. You must be an IMPACT member to avail of these benefits and services.
IMPACT members are entitled to
- €5,000 personal accident insurance
- €5,000* specified critical illness or death in benefit
- Spouses now covered for death benefit too
- Free legal help in bodily injury cases
- Free 24/7 legal advice helpline
- Free 24/7 confidential counselling helpline
- Free 24/7 domestic assistance helpline
Members can opt to avail of IMPACT facilitated financial benefits
- Car insurance
- Home insurance
- Travel insurance
- Additional pension benefits
- Salary protection and life cover
IMPACT members can also apply for
- Gaeltacht scholarships for members’ children
- Industrial relations scholarships
- Benevolent grants for members in financial distress.
* Please note, the date of diagnosis determines the settlement amount due to the member as follows:
January 2012 to December 2013 – Settlement amount €4,000
January 2014 to December 2015 – Settlement amount €5,000
The claim forms have also been amended to allow for payment either by cheque or electronic transfer to the member.